Flagyl 500 mg: This Is What We Need To Know About This Antibiotic
The main ingredient of Flagyl, Metronidazole, is an antibiotic that can treat certain types of infections including dental, brain, lung, skin, vagina, bone, joint, digestive tract and blood infections.Flagyl500may be used alone or with other medications.
Metronidazole can come in several forms: an oral tablet, an oral capsule, a cream, gel, and lotion you apply to your skin, and a vaginal gel. Flagyl 500 mg is for oral intake.
|Tablet Strength:||20 mg, 10 mg, 5 mg|
|Best Price:||$0.27 Per Pill|
|Payment:||Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, BTC|
Where to Buy Flagyl?
Flagyl 500 mg: Indications To Use
Flagyl is a drug that is prescribed by a doctor after he made a diagnosis. The reasons for Flagyl intake may be the following:
- Symptomatic Trichomoniasis
Flagylcan treat T. vaginalis infection in men and women, when it is confirmed by appropriate laboratory procedures.
- Asymptomatic Trichomoniasis
This drug is good in the treatment of asymptomatic T. vaginalis infection in women when it is associated with endocervicitis, cervicitis, or cervical erosion.
- Treatment Of Asymptomatic Sexual Partners
Since T. vaginalis infection is a sexually transmitted disease, even partners who do not show any symptoms should take Flagyl. As practice shows, in couples where only one partner was treated, re-infection can appear quite often.
Acute intestinal amebiasis and amebic liver abscess are indications for Flagylprescription.
- Anaerobic Bacterial Infections
Flagyl is one of the prescription drugs thatcan treat all kinds of infections caused by susceptible anaerobic bacteria.However, this antibiotic will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu).
How To TakeFlagyl?
You can buy Flagyl in two strengths: 250 mg, 500 mg. Each patient is taking a dose according to their age, diagnosis, the severity of the disease, health conditions and individual tolerance to the components of the medicine. Usually, the treatment time is 7-10 days. However, in some cases, it may be longer.
Before you start your treatment with this antibiotic, you should tell your doctor about all the drugs you are taking, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal remedies. Thedrug interactions with Flagyl can cause serious adverse effects, which include nausea, vomiting, or affect how it works.
You should also inform your doctor if you have such diseases as Cockayne syndrome, Crohn disease, anemia, and so on.
Contraindications Of FlagylIntake
The main contraindications for taking this drug are hypersensitivity to metronidazole or to other components of the drug, and hypersensitivity to imidazole derivatives.
Also, this drug is not suitable for children under 6 years and for pregnant and breastfeeding women. It is not recommended to take alcoholic beverageswhile taking Flagyl.
In the case of a history of hematological disorders or during treatment with metronidazole in high doses and/or prolonged use, you should regularly monitor the number of leukocytes in the blood.
All patients needto be aware of possible side effects during Flagyl intake and refrain from driving and operating mechanisms until they stop taking metronidazole.
Side Effects Of Flagyl
Like any medicine, this drug can also cause certain side effects. Among them:
- Gastrointestinal tract: mild forms of gastrointestinal tract dysfunction (epigastric pain, cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache); inflammation of the oral mucosa with a feeling of dryness, stomatitis, metallic taste in the mouth, anorexia; exceptional cases of pancreatitis after completion of reversible treatment.
- Skin: prolonged hyperemia, itching of the skin, rash (in certain cases – pustular rash); sometimes – febrile manifestations; angioedema, exceptional cases of anaphylactic shock.
- Central nervous system and peripheral nervous system: headache; sensory peripheral neuropathy; convulsions, dizziness; very rarely – encephalopathy (for example, confusion) and subacute cerebellar syndrome (for example, ataxia, dysarthria, gait disturbance, nystagmus, tremor), which can pass after stopping the drug intake.
- Eyesight impairment: temporary eyesight impairment such as diplopia, myopia.
- Mental disorders: psychotic disorders, including confusion, hallucinations.
- Blood system: in isolated cases – agranulocytosis, neutropenia and thrombocytopenia.
- Liver dysfunction: in isolated cases – deviation from the norm of liver function tests, which are reversible; cholestatic hepatitis.
If you have experienced any of the symptoms listed above in a mild form and they disappear in a few days, for example, vomiting, headache and flushing, or abdominal cramping, you do not need to worry. However, if your health condition is getting worse, you should immediately contact your doctor and get the necessary medical help.
Generally, men and women experience the same side effects. But, metronidazole can increase the risk of yeast infection, which occurs much more often in women.
Buy Flagyl 500 mg
Tags: yeast infection, increases the risk, drug interactions, liver disease, breast feeding, metronidazole tablets, medical advice, peripheral neuropathy, sexual partners, prescription medications, effectiveness of metronidazole, abdominal cramping, include nausea vomiting, crohn disease, nervous system, prescription drugs, medical condition, adverse effects, side effects, infections including